Thursday, June 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Stewart

Today would have been Stewart Wesley Conger's 46th birthday. His life was cut short by cancer on November 11th, 1985. It is amazing how time tempers your memories. All the fights, all the disagreements that siblings have have vanished and all I remember is the good stuff. That is a good thing, I think.

Twenty three years later, I still miss him and wonder what the world would have been like if he had lived. My hunch is my life would have been very different, because he has given me the willingness to keep on doing what I do, despite the crap that ministry often has to deal with.

If you have not read my father's book about Stewart and his illness give me a call or drop me an e-mail, I would be glad to share it with you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve,I can relate to your memories of your brother because I think of Ron a lot when I'm idle. I have almost total good memories since there's a 9 year difference in our age and we didn't fight. For some reason I've always been closer to Don & Ron than my brother Paul who is only 4 years younger. All though its heart breaking I hope the memories never fade.

Pat

Anonymous said...

Thank God we have our memories to help us remember those no longer with us. How sad if we lost those last beautiful moments together.
Diane

Unknown said...

I went to Rugen elementary school with Stewart..we were 6th grade friends! I am so saddened to hear about Stewart's passing...He was the nicest boy...I moved to Las Vegas when I was 13 and lost touch with everyone...
Stacy Rudich Juillerat

Unknown said...

I went to Rugen elementary school with Stewart..we were 6th grade friends! I am so saddened to hear about Stewart's passing...He was the nicest boy...I moved to Las Vegas when I was 13 and lost touch with everyone...
Stacy Rudich Juillerat