Friday, December 20, 2019

Mpow IPX7 Speaker


I recently purchased the Mpow SoundHot R6 Bluetooth Speakers, IPX7.  I have not been able to confirm all of their claims (particularly that it is waterproof) but I have been pleased with the quality.  I first tried it out by using it as an external speaker when I ran on the treadmill.  I figured this would give me a good chance to check out the volume and clarity since the treadmill creates its own unique level of noise.  I listened to a podcast and was very pleased.  I was able to listen clearly to the presentation and understood all that was being said. 

And while I enjoyed that test, for me the most important was the ability to play music.  I listened to a number of albums and was surprised by the quality --- it was much more than I expected of a speaker of its size and price.  I listened to an early Genesis album, figuring that might really push the envelope; but again I was pleased.  I mean the bass is not huge, but I did not expect it to be.  This is not my Bose home system, but I did not expect it to be.

The speaker is small and lightweight and has played extremely well.  I can see taking this with me on trips in place of a large portable.

My biggest concern was what would happen when a phone call came on my Bluetooth paired phone.  The speaker did not make the call speaker phone (which made me happy).  Instead it paused the music and allowed me to take my call as normal.

I am very pleased with this small and mighty speaker and would recommend it.

I am being compensated with a free unit for my review.

No comments: