Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Mary Russell Novel

I am a huge fan of Laurie R. King and her Mary Russell Novels.  If you have never read any of her books, and you love a good mystery you need to.  She picks up the Sherlock Holmes tales and introduces Mary Russell who is Holmes’ young wife.  The stories are engaging and fun, yet like the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle novels, full of twists and mental challenges.

I have just finished her newest book, having secured an advanced copy of Dreaming Spies.  I don’t believe that I am supposed to review the book before it is published, so let me just say --- it is great!  Even though I have written my comments, I will wait until February 24th to post them.


What I will say is, if you are looking for a great Christmas present for somebody who loves a good story --- pick up some of the Mary Russell novels.  I have now read eight of them and have found that I can’t put them down.  I look forward to reading the others in the series.  I promise, you won’t be disappointed.

No comments: