Thursday, August 09, 2007

Harry Potter

OK, I finished Harry Potter a couple of weeks ago, but just haven't had time to write about it. Once again, JK Rowling has done a great job in captivating her huge audience.

Jessica, who read the book the first day, said repeatedly that this was the best book in the Harry Potter series. I am not so quick to agree. While I think that it was a great book, it got a little slow in some places, and I thought the ending was downright lousy. Not that it didn't end the way that it should. The problem was, that Rowling goes into such depth for the first 5/6th of the book and then seems to rush to wrap everything up. The ending was for me, less than satisfying. And the appendix --- well, I could have done without it. It made me wonder if we wouldn't see a new series spin off this one.

If you haven't read any of the HP series, this is not the place to jump in. But if you have been a fan of the series, you want to make sure that you do not miss this one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok. it was the best because the overall experience was probably the most fun for me. and it was the best because it finally made so many other things make sense. like little tiny things like a 'glimmer of triump' in someone's eye. my favorite is probaby the 6th one.

Steve Conger said...

Thanks Jessica