Friday, March 13, 2009

Seeing God

I came across this today and I wanted to share it with you. It struck me bacause it really tied in with the devotion from HOLY ADVENTURE that I shared in this morning.

A man whispered, “God, speak to me.”
And a meadowlark sang. But the man did not hear.
So the man yelled, “God, speak to me!”Thunder rolled across the
sky. But the man did not listen.
The man looked around and said, “God, let me see you.” A star shone brightly. But he noticed it not.
And the man shouted, “God, show me a miracle.”And a life was born. But the man was unaware.
So, the man cried out in despair, “Touch me, God, and let me know that you are here!” Whereupon God reached down and touched the man. But the man brushed the butterfly away and walked on.

I hope that you can see and encounter God throughout your day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was so beautiful and the perfect reminder that all that God created is amazing and available to us. Thanks for reminding me!

Unknown said...

I just found your blog, those sentiments seem to some up something that I wrote earlier today.