Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Getting Old

OK, I am not as young or hip as I like to think (using the word hip really dates me!). Jessica, while she was home last weekend, told us that she wanted to get her nose pierced --- just a little small unobtrusive diamond.

Well, I am a parent. She reminded me that she is 19 and is an adult --- I tried to remind her that I was spending lots of money every year allowing her to go to an expensive private school. When she left, the issue was far from settled.

But the truth is, Nancy and I were in a no win situation. As much as I am not a fan of piercings, I did lots of things that drove my parents crazy. (Maybe if you beg real hard I might post a picture of my hair when it was longer than my girls!) But, but, but . . . like I said, it was a no win situation (and I knew it all along!)

Jessica IM'd me tonight (see I am not too out of the loop) to tell me that she just got home from getting it done. I could hear her excitement through the computer.

How can I be mad? I'm not really, I know that as a parent I am supposed to be a little difficult and help my children think through their actions.

And the good news is --- when she gets tired of it, it will close back up. (wishful thinking, I know!)

But please, just don't tell me that I am old!

No comments: