Sunday, December 16, 2007

UGH!

I woke up this morning to 9 or so inches of snow. YUCK! Today is the cantata at church and will be interesting to see how many show up. The church is warm and plowed so if people can get out of their garages, we will be here.

Yesterday I judged at the Chesterton HS debate Tourney. I judge debate once or twice a year. Boy it is fun to do it, but debate has changed (and not for the better!). In many ways they have tried to make it easier, rather than keeping some of the real challenges.

NO new in 2 is stupid! If you don't know anything about debate, then that means absolutely nothing to you! The greatest speech in debate is 1AR, but this no new in 2 makes it just another speech. By the way, when people asked me if I followed the no new in 2 idea I said NO! Debate is meant to stretch a person and if the 2nd Negative speaker cannot present any new ideas, you might as well just get rid of that speech.

Well I need to go get ready for the huge crowds here at church.

No comments: