Monday, October 01, 2007

TOO Quiet!

Mondays are my days off, and I am at home cleaning the basement and waiting for a service man to come. Every time I go upstairs I have this strange feeling. Because, every time I would head upstairs, I would be followed by the jingle of Zephie. Today is my first day at home alone without Zephie. It is amazing how such a little animal can provide so much comfort.

I am trying to focus in on some stuff that I need to get done, but the quiet is overwhelming. Strange, sometimes I long for peace and quiet --- and can't get it; now that I have it --- I don't want it!

ONE YEAR AGO.
Last year on October 1st I was taking it easy in Israel because it was Yom Kippur, the most holy day in the Jewish calendar. Today is the day that the people are reconciled with God. It was a strange day to be in Israel, but I am glad I had the opportunity.

It is funny how I am drawn to that crazy place. I am not sure what it is about Israel that keeps drawing me back --- every time that I go, I think that it will be my last one. This trip that I am taking in December will probably be the last one that I lead for 3 or 4 years (I think I have said that before) but the opportunity to travel will get increasingly difficult in the coming years and 2010 is Oberammergau, which I will probably organize a trip to. But to be honest, I really have no interest in seeing the Passion Play. Too much violence has come out of that production.

No comments: